Monday 28 September 2009

Deadline looms closer than we think

I thought September lasted a few more weeks, realising with a jolt today that it is October on Thursday. Why is October important? Well, that's the deadline for getting my stock into The Hope Emporium, our local craft store, full of pretty and unique things all handmade by locals.

I agreed on October with Jo and Jane from the shop at the end of August, it felt like eons away then, but now it is 3 days away, I want to get the stock in on Thursday morning, which means I only have half a day with an empty house (bar the cats and the odd chicken!). Looks like the evenings will be humming with the sound of the sewing machine for the next couple of days. I won't have much in there to start with but will build stock levels up each week. Things are coming along nicely!

I promised photos of what I'm making, I shall take some on Thursday and get them on here after that, maybe with some shots of my stuff in the shop. I am very exicted!! Better get back to it. For now though, here's a shot of the yummy fat quarters I hunted out recently.

When I found these I also discovered Amy Butler's fabric collection and drooled for quite a while, they are gorgeous! I was very temtped, but can't stretch the budget that far yet, but I did get a free pattern for the sweetest bug cushions, a butterfly and a ladybird which may well end up being made up for Christmas presents this year!!

I was accompanied by my 11 year old on the hunt and she is now planning a few projects of her own which is lovely and I'm really looking forward to seeing what she has in mind.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that deadline! Your fabric stash is pretty! I am looking forward to seeing piccies of your stock xx

    ReplyDelete