Thursday 17 September 2009

Half-hearted Gardening

Having attempted veg growing for a good few years now, I still never get it right, but even so got some fair results this year.

This week, as I have been concentrating on my sewing machine I forgot to do a food shop, to be very truthful I did a fabric shop instead! So by Tuesday we had run out of food and turned to the garden to supply tea for the family. Cringed at the thought of what would be weeds not food, but was pleasantly surprised by the results!


Not bad really... I grow nasturtiums because my youngest loves munching on the flowers while he waits for tea, which is handy really because they grow so very easily.

The carrots and parsnips went to make a lovely roast dinner with random bits of meat found lurking at the back of the freezer. I had a well fed and happy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment